June 21, 2019

2018-19: Week 44

A Solon Salute to all of our MHS students who finished up their school year this week, with a special Salute to the incoming class of 2023! 

A Solon Salute to the new Rooster and Chickens at MHS!
Thanks Sophie! 

A Solon Salute to our construction team! The renovations to the auditorium, locker rooms, new classroom, and fitness area, (and more) are going really well. Thank you for all of your hard work!

Calendars for 2019-2020

More work around MHS this Summer
Speaking of renovations--this summer will be as busy as ever around MHS. We will have projects going all summer including but not limited to, new carpet in the library, moving around the use of some rooms, repurposing the downstairs computer lab to a conference room, new carpet in room 103, routine refresh painting, deep cleaning, and so much more around the grounds and building. Thank you for your support of our incredible custodial team. 

Welcome Ms. Devore
I'm excited for MHS to welcome incoming principal, Renee Devore. Renee and I have had some good time together for transition work. She's been wonderful and we are lucky to have her. She asked me to pass along her MHS email address and to let you all know she will be working throughout the summer and would welcome the chance to meet in person.
  • You can contact Ms. Devore at: reneed@mpsvt.org
Thank you!!
Thank you all again for a wonderful four years at MHS. I'm so grateful for everything that I have learned in my time here, for all of the fun, inspiration, and support. It is a special place and I hope to be a "Forever Solon". I will be transitioning to the new role: Assistant Executive Director at the Vermont Principal's Association on July 1st. I'm happy that my new role will remain based in Montpelier (2 Prospect), so that I can visit and bump into all the good people of Montpelier as much as possible. 
  • Feel free to contact me anytime via my new email address at the VPA: mmcraith@vpaonline.org and/or @mikemcraith on twitter. 
Sad to go, but feeling younger already! 😂

MHS Student and Staff Awards 2020-2021

 SOLON SALUTES 2020-2021 MHS Awards MHS Yearbook Dedication: Dan Miller-Arsenault Valedictory Group: (cumulative 3.9 or higher)  Mae Brown...