There are so many fun and important things to share that we needed a second edition of Summer Solon Salutes this year!
- The 2018 Summer Letter will arrive in the mail at home this week. The letter will be accompanied by several forms as well.
A Solon Salute to the members of Masque who attended the NYC trip this summer. They are feeling inspired for the upcoming musical this year! Special thanks to advisor Kianna Bromley.
A Solon Salute to the Vermont Youth Ultimate Frisbee Team! On August 4th-6th, Vermont's youth club Ultimate Frisbee team, Team Equinox, competed at the Youth Club Championships as part of the US Open in Blaine, Minnesota. The mixed gender club team, made up of a selective group of athletes from around the state of Vermont, attended the championship to compete in the U20 Mixed division. Vermont would go on to finish in 6th place in the country!
- Originally seeded 16th, Vermont went on to win several upsets and win their pool, defeating teams from Maine, Wisconsin, and Ohio. They won their cross over with San Francisco's Happy Cows, which set them up for a tough loss against Seattle's Powerline, who would go on to win the tournament. At the beginning of the third day of competition, Vermont squared up against the Madison Mufabots, in a fifth place semi-final game that was streamed by USA Ultimate (link here to watch). And to read the coverage by ultiworld scroll to mixed division, pool C. Participating Solons included: Casarah Acosta, Mae Browning, Hayden Ellms, Eliana Moorhead, Nadia Scoppettone, Kaleth Torrens-Martin, and Grace Valentine. Nolan Benoit helped coach the team.
A Solon Salute to 2003 MHS alumni Carmen Lagala. Carmen was featured on the CBS Late Show as a stand-up comedian.
A Solon Salute to MHS alumni and bestselling author Garrett Graff. Garrett was recently in VT on a book tour for his new book: Raven Rock.
Important News! The old Montpelier Public Schools Website crashed on July 1st. We are building a new website from scratch. It is still a work in progress. The new website's address is: www.mrpsvt.org. The links that most MHS folks will be looking for can be found at: MHS-Student Links
You can also now follow Montpelier Roxbury Public Schools in the following ways:
2018-19 Letter/Handbook and Schedules
- 2018-19 Student/Families Welcome Letter
- 2018-19 Student/Families Handbook
- 2018-19 MHS Daily Bell Schedule
- 2018-19 Green/White Calendar
- 2018-19 District Calendar
Upcoming Important Dates
- August 28, 8:00 am: First day for Central Vermont Career Center (CVCC calendar)
- August 29, 8-12:00pm: Grade 9--First Day of School Schedule
- August 29, 12-3:00pm: Grades 10, 11, 12--First Day of School Schedule
- Sept. 13, 6:30-8:30pm: Montpelier High School Open House
- Sept. 23, Race Against Racism
- Sept. 24 to 29, Homecoming Week
- Oct. 7th, Montpelier Fall Festival
- Oct. 18th, Fall Harvest Celebration
To Subscribe to Solon Salutes via email