Thank you to any and all Montpelier-Roxbury voters. Here is the 2018 Montpelier Public Schools Annual Report. The FY19 budget and proposed bond will be on the ballot. The budget and bond will result in a 1.3% per pupil increase which is below the governor's request of 2.5% for districts with increasing enrollment. Here are the details of the proposed budget and bond. There is also one more informational meeting open to the public, Monday, March 5th in the cafeteria at 6pm. If you are interested in learning more you can read this full article from The Bridge as well.
|Times Argus Article on the Budget and Bond|
A Solon Salute to all of the MHS winter sports teams. The MHS Girls' Basketball Team had their most wins of the past five seasons, our Nordic Ski Team had a great year, the Gymnastics Team finished 3rd in the state in just their second year as a program and the Boys' Basketball Team will host a playoff game Tuesday night (3/6) at 7pm as the 4th seed in division two playoffs. Congratulations and thank you for representing MHS with great sportsmanship and hard work.
|Photo by Brian Gallagher. MHS Boys' Seniors.|
A Solon Salute to Hana Nazerali-Ruddy, Matt Koucky, and Hope Petraro for their courage and professionalism in testifying in front of the state education committee recently. These students testified on Bill H.794 regarding ethnic and social equity standards in Vermont schools. And thank you to parent Karen Songhurst for her support of these students
|Photo by Karen Songhurst|
On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday there will be a box in the main office to collect donations of school supplies. Four MHS students will be traveling to Haiti next week with local doctors to volunteer in an elementary school, an orphanage, and a medical clinic. Suggested donations include pencils, markers, crayons, scissors, glue, colored and lined paper, chalk, coloring books, small (four function) calculators, watercolor paints, paint brushes, and spiral notebooks. Cash donations can be placed in an envelope in the main office, all cash will be used to purchase medicines and medical supplies only available in the US.
Brynn Bushey, Meredith Stetter, Isabelle Boutin, and Ruby Bryant
- The Times Argus is looking for student opinions. “High school students: We are building a Perspective section around your thoughts on the #listentome movement and the state of the world today. Email your letter to the editor or op-ed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your voice matters; show us how much.”
- Wednesday, March 7th is a white day, returning from winter break. (Green/White Calendar)
- March 8th: We will hold our Spring Sports meeting at 6pm in the gym. (Full Letter)
- March 8th & 9th: MHS Choir Annual Pops Concert. "My Favorite Things" starting at 7pm in the auditorium. Entrance is by donation and supports the MHS choral activities fund.
- March 10th: Capital Soccer will bring U.S. Soccer Hall of Famer, Kristine Lilly to Montpelier High School Auditorium (Full Announcement). 7pm, Free to the Public.
- March 31st: Harlem Superstars Take on U-32, Saturday, 1pm. Click here for tickets and details.
- April 4th: Central Vermont Job Fair 10am to 4pm, Barre City Auditorium. Over 60 employers: (Full Flyer)
- Two Hour Delay Schedule (Just in Case)