|Salute by Brian Gallagher|
A Solon Salute to musician and composer extraordinaire, Grace Carlomagno, for the feature of her song, "Traffic Lights," in the upcoming Vermont Philharmonic and Green Mountain Youth Symphony Family Concert ~ "The Magic of Stories." The concert is Sunday, March 11, 2018 at the Barre Opera House at 2:00 p.m. Congratulations, Grace! MHS salutes you! (From Ms. DiLena).
A Solon Salute to Nathan DeGroot, Emma Harter, Nadia Scoppettone, and Alex Smart for their speaking pieces at the Senate Judiciary Committee this past week. Another example of students actively participating as young citizens in the democratic process. WCAX article.
|Image from the Times Argus|
A Solon Salute to the MHS debate team. They performed well at District Tournament this Friday and Saturday in Rochester, NY. Hope Pertraro placed third in Lincoln Douglas Debate, Violet Tabacco and Neil Rohan placed second in Public Forum and are National Qualifiers, Neil Rohan place fifth in Congressional debate and Jackson Markow place first in Congressional debate also qualifying for nationals. On March 10th, the whole team will debate at the State Tournament in Montpelier at the State House.
- 2018-19 School Choice Lottery Letter and Registration Form. Due by 2/26/18.
- February 24th through March 6th: Winter Break (Green/White Calendar)
- March 8th: We will hold our Spring Sports meeting at 6pm in the gym. (Full Letter)
- March 10th: Capital Soccer will bring U.S. Soccer Hall of Famer, Kristine Lilly to Montpelier High School Auditorium (Full Announcement). 7pm, Free to the Public.
- March 31st: Harlem Superstars Take on U-32, Saturday, 1pm. Click here for tickets and details.
- April 4th: Central Vermont Job Fair 10am to 4pm, Barre City Auditorium. Over 60 employers: (Full Flyer)
- Two Hour Delay Schedule (Just in Case)