A Solon Salute to the MHS Biology classes. This week the biology students were practicing DNA fingerprinting. Important conversations about racism, equity and justice do not compromise rigorous science education - it enhances it by creating context and relevance. Connections were made between forensic science, and the Innocence Project. (From Mr. Sabo)
A Solon Salute to our MHS Gymnastics Team. The team finished 3rd in the State Meet this weekend. What a great 2nd season for our young MHS gymnastics program!
This week, MHS was the featured school of the week for Vermont Principal's Association. The VPA asked MHS to send out tweets using the hastag #vpaleads to document our week a bit. Here are several of the tweets that went out:
- 2018-19 School Choice Lottery Letter and Registration Form. Due by 2/26/18.
- Month of February: Black History Month. Led by the Racial Justice Alliance, this February will have a concentrated effort on recognizing implicit biases, privileges, and building equity in our learning community. Assemblies, quote of the day, speakers, movies, discussions, the raising of a Black Lives Matter flag, dedicated curriculum, and more will be taking place this February.
- February 24th through March 6th: Winter Break (Green/White Calendar)
- March 8th: We will hold our Spring Sports meeting at 6pm in the gym. (Full Letter)
- March 10th: Capital Soccer will bring U.S. Soccer Hall of Famer, Kristine Lilly to Montpelier High School Auditorium (Full Announcement). 7pm, Free to the Public.
- March 31st: Harlem Superstars Take on U-32, Saturday, 1pm. Click here for tickets and details.
- Two Hour Delay Schedule (Just in Case)