A Solon Salute to math teacher, Whitney Machnik. Ms. Machnik represented MHS at UVM's Outstanding Teachers' of the Year Ceremony. A well deserved honor. Congratulations Ms. Machnik!
|Photo by Dr. Ricca|
- I recently attended a September Board of Education meeting at Montpelier High School. I arrived with another colleague, never having been inside the school before, we were greeted in a friendly manner by a member of the office staff who gave us directions to the nearest restroom, and to our ultimate destination, the library. Leaving the office, I noted the comfortable chairs in the lobby, tucked away in a cozy section by the stairs, and had a sense of a well-lit, welcoming, student-friendly space. Along the way to our various destinations, a number of students greeted us (without prompting) with a friendly hello, and this practice of saying hello extended even into the women's room! Later, we got a bit turned around when trying to find the right entry into the library, and a member of the staff helped us out without being asked. The friendly atmosphere doesn't happen by accident, I know. I just wanted you to hear from an first time visitor that I left Montpelier High School appreciative of the positive, friendly climate I observed.
- October 19th: Fall Harvest Celebration All Day, All School Event
- October 19th: VSAC Paying for College Night at U-32 (5:30 Q & A with Ms. Knauss and Mr. Sather about the college admissions process, & VSAC presentation begins at 6:30 focused on financial aid).
- October 20th: Gallup Poll during Solon Block Letter of explanation for families & students
- November 2nd & 3rd: Conferences