|Biyokuri, Niina, and Stella "twinning"|
|@mhsearthgroup had a strong showing all week|
|Micah rocks pajama day. Photo by Sylvia Fagin|
|Ericson Scott, Max Sabo (U-32) and Machlan Pettersen played throughout the bonfire. Photo by Adam Blair|
|Ericson. Photo by Adam Blair|
|Mr. Allen feeds the fire. Photo by Adam Blair|
|Ms. Machnik feeds the fire. Photo by Adam Blair|
|Girls Soccer preps for the homecoming weekend.|
A Solon Salute to the MHS Field Hockey Team. They won their Friday night game under the lights 1-0 on a Taylor Austin goal. Congratulations!
A Solon Salute to Girls' Varsity Soccer Team. They won there Saturday afternoon game in the heat 4-1. Cricket Basa had two goals, Maralina Moore and Lily Fournier added the others.
A Solon Salute to the Boys' Soccer Team who played a hard-fought game under lights on Saturday night. The game was 1-2 with Silvan Avery-Padberg scoring from Davor Vukoja.
A Solon Salute to all of the students who made the homecoming dance possible. Special thanks to Nick Gambill for putting in so many hours to the playlist as our DJ and promoting the dance, Erin Sullivan (decorating and admissions), Juna Nagle (decorating, admissions, & clean-up), and Emma Harter (decorating), Judith Witke Mele (admissions, clean-up), Joelyn Mensah (admission), Jordan Allen-Brandon (clean-up) and Jackson Markow and Adam Blair for helping to set up the audio and lights. Thank you to chaperones, Jen Wall Howard, Chris Ilstrup, Ron Allen, Maureen Dwyer, and our local Sheriff's Department.
A Solon Salute to Mr. Sather and school counseling intern Sarah Morrell for their help in planning this year's Club Fair. Hundreds of students signed up for one or more of the 23 clubs offered! Click here to view our current list of clubs.
A second round of Solon Salutes for all of those who helped to make last week's Race Against Racism a success.
|Photo by Elizabeth Mariani|
- Hope Petraro deserves a huge solon salute for the unbelievable amount of work she put in to organizing the Race Against Racism. She probably spent more than a hundred hours planning the event. She eagerly (and quite successfully) did jobs that many people would avoid, like going door to door to solicit donations from businesses and reaching out to strangers to ask them to speak at the rally. Throughout the last two months, I was constantly impressed and inspired by how responsible, detail-oriented, and thoughtful Hope is. Her dedication to social justice gives us all hope.
- Faith Bolques was such a consistent support and source of good ideas when planning the Race Against Racism. She was so dependable and generous to give up her summer days to plan the race. Izzy Maine-Torres also attended many of the summer meetings and contributed such a positive attitude and willingness to take on jobs. We are so appreciative of Faith and Izzy's commitment to social justice work.
- Thank you to Tim Noonan, Sylvia Fagin, Whitney Machnik, Ame Solomon and Ann Bushey for taking time out of their busy schedules to volunteer at the race. Whitney even gave up much of her prep period on Monday to help compile runners' times. The race wouldn't have happened without their support.
|Click image to read full VT-Digger Article|
|Click Image to view WCAX feature|
A Solon Salute to Noel Riby-Williams who was featured in the Times Argus this week for her leadership with the diversity club and beyond.
A Solon Salute to Nadia Scoppettone who participated in the United Nation's International Day of Peace on September 21st. Nadia had the chance to hear from Secretary General of the UN Antonio Guterres, and Ms. Jane Goodall as a part of the activities.
|Nadia is in the blue on the right|
A couple more favorite message boards at MHS:
|Taken in Ms. Abrams classroom|
|Taken in Ms. Morton and Mr. Bate's classroom|
- September 28th: End of Marking Period 1
- October 8th: Montpelier Fall Festival (11am-4pm). See below for more details.
- October 19th: VSAC Paying for College Night at U-32 (5:30 Q & A with Ms. Knauss and Mr. Sather, VSAC presentation begins at 6:30)
- October 19th: Fall Harvest Celebration All Day, All School Event
Montpelier Fall Festival October 8th
RUN: Join the fun on October 8th and run the 5K VT Jaunt! This is a community event presented by the MPS Parents Groups, and along with the race will include festival games and food from 11am – 4pm at MHS. Please go to http://www.montpelierkidscup.myevent.com to register and for more information.
VOLUNTEER: There are also many volunteer opportunities for students and parents to get involved, please visit the sign-up sheet at http://signup.com/go/EdtzmvC.
MAKE $: And lastly, individuals and groups are invited to come and sell goods and services in our special designated area at the Fall Festival, please see the sign-up form at http://www.montpelierkidscup.myevent.com for further details.
To Self Subscribe and receive the weekly Solon Salutes in your email, Follow this link: Subscribe to the Solon Salutes weekly email.