A Solon Salute to the jazz students that perform as Red Clay. They performed at the senior center last Saturday. A good time had by all, we salute you!
A Solon Salute to science teacher Ms. Katy Chabot who was nominated as a VEHI Thriving Rockstar! VEHI did a very nice article on Katy. She provides a great example of healthy living, congrats Katy!
A Solon Salute to senior Levi Beavin who on his way to school this week, stopped and helped a fellow driver get unstuck from the snow. Thanks Levi! (From Mr. Gallagher)
A Solon Salute to Morgan Glines, Emma Murray-Clasen, and Emily Corbett-Valade for their leadership in planning the dance this weekend. All proceeds from the dance will go towards Project Grad.
Photo by Ms. Sue Abrams
A Solon Salute and thank you to Brynn Bushey and interact for leading the Interact Club in putting on the first annual Variety Show for charity. We are very grateful to MC Liam Mears, Siiri Pombar, and Adam Blair for donating their Friday night to make the show possible. Thank you to the incredibly talented performers for such a fun show. Red Clay gave a professional-caliber jazz band performance and Remi Savard awed us with his piano skills. Helen Cerutti and Amber Pagani sang so beautifully together. Matt Koucky, Erin Sullivan, and Cierra Loomis (Northfield) inspired us with poetry, dancing, and a clarinet piece. The biggest surprise of the night was the amazingly skilled and fun performance of Chase Ruel, Machlan Pettersen, and Ericson Scott's jam band. You won't want to miss their next performance. The MHS community raised nearly $500 for the Flint Child Health and Development Fund. Thank you. And a Solon Salute to Ms. Heather McLane for helping to organize the event!
- On February 21st (next Tuesday) and March 9th, community member and frequent MHS volunteer, Tom Yefchak, has offered to help any MHS students that may need assistance in filing their taxes. If you would like to learn how to file you taxes, stop by the library after school on either of those dates.
- Due February 22nd, for students/families interested in the lottery exchange program, now is the time to review the Winooski Valley Public School Exchange Program Explanation Letter and 2017-18 Registration Form.
- On February 24th, MHS will be screening The Hungry Heart. Follow up discussions will be led by a committee of student leaders who opted into leading these discussions. Here is the modified schedule for the day.
- Winter Break: February 25th to March 7th. Return to school, Wednesday-March 8th.
- On March 15th, The Spring Sports' meeting will be held at 6pm in the MHS gym. For full details: Spring Sports Letter