A Solon Salute to math teacher, Kassie Reid. Kassie recently crafted a couple of videos to go along with her rational exponent lessons. The videos are very well done, and serve as a great resource for students, we salute you! (Video 1 & Video 2)
A Solon Salute to senior, Mikayla Flynn. As part of her CBL this year, Mikayla Flynn has raised over $700.00 for a children's orphanage in Lesotho, Africa. Mikyala Flynn has a GoFundMe fundraising goal of raising $1000.00 by March 1st. Why is Mikayla Flynn raising money for Grandma's House Orphanage in the country of Lesotho? Mikayla cares deeply about making a difference in the lives of children and she wanted to involve herself in making a difference in an international context. So what did Mikayla do? - she took action!! Congratulations to Mikayla for identifying an important international partner in Grandma's House Orphanage and for working with them to identify the many needs of their orphanage and for organizing a fundraising campaign to help address those needs. The below pictures show the new shoes that have been purchased with some of the money raised by Mikayla. These pictures were sent to Mikayla this past week by the orphanage director, Mampe Moeletsi.
A Solon Salute to the following MHS students who helped out with this year's Family Fun Night at Main Street Middle School: Niina Abu-Aziz, Brynn Bushey, Katie Gibson-Davis, Josie Gingold, Anja Samsom, Emily Sheftman, and Sean Sullivan. Thanks for supporting the fifth graders' fundraiser for their trip to Boston and for helping to create a super fun evening for all involved. (From Katrina Phillips and Sarah Loveless)
A Solon Salute to senior Conor Barrett for his 100 point milestone!
A Solon Salute to Athletic Director, Matt Link. Matt puts in particularly long hours in the winter to make sure our athletics program is well cared for. The below image from the boys' basketball game this past week is great picture of the fans that come out to enjoy the hard work put in by Matt, the coaches, and of course the players. Thank you Matt, we salute you!
A most genuine Solon Salute goes out to all MHS faculty and staff for the flexibility that you afford CBL students and the CBL faculty team as we work to navigate the often times competing schedules of the "outside world" and the MHS schedule. Faculty and staff's willingness to go "above and beyond" - professionally and personally, to accommodate students' schedules and interests is greatly appreciated by CBL students, the CBL team and by the many community partners who offer to share time and talent with MHS students each semester. Thank you!!!- Sarah, Katrina, Bill and Matt
Did you know that Montpelier High School has more than 100 students enrolled in flexible pathway opportunities this semester? Click on our Flexible Pathways Map to see some of the possible pathways.
- On Friday, February 17th at 7PM, the Interact Club will host a Variety Show to benefit the children affected by the Flint water crisis. We are still looking for performers and hope that parents and community members will attend the show. The suggested minimum donation is $3 for students and $6 for adults. (If you are interested in performing, please contact Brynn Bushey or Heather McLane.)
- On February 18th, students from the Project Grad Committee will be hosting a dance at MHS. The theme is "We Love the 90s, Blackout Dance".
- February 18th, 7pm Teen Jazz is doing a Preview Performance at the Contemporary Dance and Fitness Center. Proceeds of the bake sale and the suggested donations for the performance go toward the Teen Jazz NYC Trip in May. It will be an amazing night of dance. MHS students who are in Teen Jazz include: Izzy Banse, Brynn Bushey, Emily Corbett-Valade, Isabelle Francke, Evan Lewis Samantha Murray, Kailea Silvers, and Erin Sullivan.
- On February 21st (next Tuesday) and March 9th, community member and frequent MHS volunteer, Tom Yefchak, has offered to help any MHS students that may need assistance in filing their taxes. If you would like to learn how to file you taxes, stop by the library after school on either of those dates.
- Due February 22nd, for students/families interested in the lottery exchange program, now is the time to review the Winooski Valley Public School Exchange Program Explanation Letter and 2017-18 Registration Form.