A Solon Salute to the MHS Debate Team and The Scholars' Bowl Team. Both teams have their season's underway. Here is an article from the Debate Team's coach Jim Higgins in the Times Argus and the Scholars' Bowl results from last weekend. And a Solon Salute to Graham Janson, Montpelier's highest individual scorer at last week's Scholar's Bowl event.
|Photo of students working jewelry|
- The annual MHS musical is this week! Come out and enjoy our students performing How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. Shows start at 7pm on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of this week (Dec. 15th, 16th, & 17th).
- This week is Text Less Live More week at MHS. Students will have the opportunity to hear from the founder of driving safely app, JoyRyde during lunch on Tuesday, enter a phrase to be displayed on VT digital highway signs system (reminding drivers to be off of their phones) and try a driving simulator throughout the day on Wednesday.
- The MHS student council is sponsoring a food drive. The student council is collecting non-perishable food from TAs through the next couple of weeks. Thank you!
- The MHS Action and Interact Clubs are sponsoring the Shoebox drive. Student Matt Koucky writes:
- Winter Clothing
- Gift Cards
- Kitchen Supplies (pot holders, kitchen towels, mugs)
- Nonperishable Food Items
- Soaps, lotions, and grooming items
- The Winter Sports Season is underway. Come out and cheer on our Nordic Team, Basketball Teams, Hockey Teams, Unified Bowling, Indoor Track, and the Gymnastics club team. Click here to view the sports calendar.
- Along with long-term sub art teacher, Kate Rowland, Sue Monmaney and her TA are helping to lead MHS in contributing to the Pick-Me-Up Postcard program. Students and TAs are asked to make a postcard with a positive message. The postcards will be sent to people in the hospital over the holidays.