A Solon Salute to our MHS students who participated in the New England Music Festival this past weekend: Eleanor Braun, Ada Rohan, Anna Scoppettone, Nadia Scoppettone & Rachel Zimet.
Visiting Poet: Major Jackson
- Wednesday, March 23rd: MHS welcomes nationally acclaimed poet, Major Jackson:
- We will have the following special schedule for a school-wide assembly with Mr. Jackson:
Community Forum: What's in a Grade
Wednesday, March 23rd 6-8pm (pizza served at 5:30)
MHS Masque Presents: The Diary of Anne Frank
March 24th, 25th, and 26th: 7:30pm each night.
April 1, 2016: 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Due to the tight schedule, we encourage parents to sign up online for 15-minute conferences with each teacher at the address below. Teachers will only be available to meet with parents who have scheduled appointments.
- If you do not have Internet access, please call the MHS Office at 225-8000 for assistance with scheduling appointments.
- Conference sign-ups are only available through March 30, 2016.
We look forward to seeing you at Parent Conferences!
A Solon Salute to Jonah Cipolla for thinking of his friends and teachers this week and taking care of each other. We salute you Jonah.
A Solon Salute to the MHS Debate Team. This past weekend the MHS Debaters traveled to Oneonta, NY to the National Speech and Debate District Tournament and experienced competing in events they had not tried before. Leah tried competing in Senate and George, Angus and Emily tried Congressional Debate, and Jackson Markow tried Lincoln Douglas Debate. Isabelle and Meredith had never competed before at District level. They all did a very nice job. Leah place second in senate and qualified for nationals, George placed second in congress, and Emily and Angus placed third in public forum debate.
Exhibition 2016: May 3rd
9th and 10th graders are receiving their MHS EXHIBITION 2016 PACKETS this week. Our 2nd annual exhibition day will be held on May 3rd this year.