July 10, 2015

Summer Solon Salutes

Dear MHS community,

A happy summer Solon Salute! This special summer edition of Solon Salutes makes a shift in writers as it marks a shift in principalship. It has been my great honor to take the leadership baton from Mr. Adam Bunting. Adam has been thoughtful, kind, and supportive in the transition to my time as Montpelier High School's new principal. Adam, your tradition of the Solon Salutes will be carried forward with due diligence. The school community and I see its value and wish to continue the tradition. With great humility and gratitude, I salute you!


A salute goes out to the fantastic Montpelier High School staff that has been so welcoming to my family and I. Thank you so much for your dedication to students, your craft, and an ethos of respect and care for all. Your warmth in welcoming me is truly appreciated.


A salute goes out to Sue Abrams for being chosen as 1 of only 108 teachers nationwide to receive this year's Presidential Award in Excellence in Teaching Math and Science. Here is an article in the Argus Times


A salute to Kerrin McCadden for her recent honor in having her book selected as one of the six finalists for the First Vermont Book Award. Click to hear the VPR piece announcing the finalists. 

Finally a salute goes out to summer. I hope you all are enjoying the fun, time for reflection, exploration and change of pace that the summer months can bring. Summer, for your popcorn, baseball, fireflies, cool breezes, excellent swimming, and long sunny days-I salute you!


-Mr. McRaith

MHS Student and Staff Awards 2020-2021

 SOLON SALUTES 2020-2021 MHS Awards MHS Yearbook Dedication: Dan Miller-Arsenault Valedictory Group: (cumulative 3.9 or higher)  Mae Brown...