A Solon Salute to Community Partner Karen Dillon, Executive Director of the Green Mountain Film Festival, for engaging so many MHS students in the film screening and festival planning process this year. And, of course, an enthusiastic Solon Salute to the many students who volunteered throughout the year in preparation for the GMFF: Raffi Hill- Mosher, Izac Raker, Lila Markow, Silvan Avery- Padberg, Tristan Timpone, Isabel Maine-Torres, Julian Stoller, Sydney Adams, Miles Lauderville, and Liam Frey. The GMFF will continue through Saturday, 3/24, and more information can be found here.
A Solon Salute to all of the faculty members who have been working on creating the MHS Flexible Pathways Handbook. It was recently completed and published on our website. We believe it is the first of its kind in the state of Vermont.
A Solon Salute to Izzy Maine-Torres. Izzy recently for winning the High School category of the Vermont Youth Art Month Flag Design competition! The competition was hosted by Vermont Art Teachers Association and Sargent Arts.
A Solon Salute to Sadie Chase-Tatko. Sadie was recently selected, after a very rigorous nationwide competition, to participate in the U.S. Department of State's Youth Ambassador Program to travel to Argentina and Chile for three weeks in June. Congratulations Sadie, we know you will represent us well!
A Solon Salute to congratulations to Colin Desch, Max Hughes, Eleanor Braun, and Grace Carlomagno on their performance in the New England Music Festival this weekend in Burlington, CT. Their dedication and musicianship are exemplary!
A Solon Salute to Noel Riby-Williams and Danny Bruce. Noel and Danny have been selected to play in their respective Senior All-Star Games on Saturday, March 24th, at Windsor High School. Noel will play at 11am and Danny will play at 5pm.
A Solon Salute to Leo Riby-Williams. Leo has been named to the VBCA Dream Dozen, which honors 12 exceptional underclassmen from D1 and D2.
A Solon Salute to Coach Kylie Cowens. She has been named the girls basketball D3 coach of the year. Congrats Kylie!
Food Service Survey Announcement:
- Dear MHS Community, please take a few minutes to fill out the food service survey in the Montpelier School District. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
- Remember to check out our list of Work, Volunteer, and Extended Learning Opportunities website. So many great chances listed there!
- March 22nd: There will be an all-school assembly during Solon Block to have a preview showing of the musical.
- March 23rd: There will be an all-school assembly during Solon Block to welcome actor Giancarlo Esposito. Mr. Esposito will speak to us about a range of topics including Text Less Live More.
- March 22nd, 23rd, and 24th: MHS spring musical: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. Evening shows begin at 7pm and Saturday's matinee begins at 3pm.
- March 31st: Harlem Superstars Take on U-32, Saturday, 1pm. Click here for tickets and details.
- April 4th: Central Vermont Job Fair 10am to 4pm, Barre City Auditorium. Over 60 employers: (Full Flyer)
- April 5th & 6th: Parent/Guardian & Teacher Conferences.
- Two Hour Delay Schedule (Just in Case)
- Green/White Calendar (adjusted for last week's snow day)