(Thursday, Sept. 14th, 6:30pm-8:30pm)
A Solon Salute to Zeke Harper, Haris Dzonbic, and Cara Barbero who represented MHS in Saturday morning's Friends of the Winooski River clean up event!
A Solon Salute to 2017 MHS Graduate Aidan Casner. Aidan is helping to represent the USA in Cairns, Australia during the downhill Mountain Bike World Championships.
Race Against Racism: Sept. 17th
- The Race Against Racism is a youth-led community event held at Montpelier High School on September 17th, 2017 beginning at 11:30. The event starts with a 5K run/walk. Throughout the event, there will be local vendors vending food. After the race is completed, the performance portion of the event will begin, featuring activists, artists, musicians, and a performance by Bread & Puppet Theater. If you are not a runner but would like to show your support for equality in VT, you can plan on arriving between 12 and 12:30; the speakers will begin around 12:30.
A Solon Salute to Noel Riby-Williams for taking the time to prepare an excellent presentation about her travels in Ghana and then giving up two free periods to share her presentation with the Global Issues and Perspectives classes. It was so fun to hear her stories and to get a feel for what life in Ghana is like. We really appreciate Noel's generosity and ability to engage and teach us. (From Ms. McLane).
A Solon Salute to Former Instructional Assistant and MHS Parent Alumni Jane Edwards who has contributed a great deal to helping those who are in need of additional attention. After she was done working at MHS as a paid employee, she has come back to help other students and made some success, where others have not. A big salute for her big heart and all of what she means here. (From Mr. Chater and all of us).
A Solon Salute to all of the MHS teachers who put in the extra time to be well prepared adults in well prepared environments for the start of the school year. Here are few of the favorite preparations from the week:
|A Lab set up for Integrated Science by Ms. Ceckler at 7:30am Tuesday|
|The Marking Period Standards and Dates clearly posted in Ms. Reid's Room|
|Expectations for Solon Block clearly posted, also in Ms. Reid's room.|
*The Powerschool app has been updated and performs much better with our proficiency based grading system than last year's version of the Powerschool app. If you decide to use the app to access your account you may need this code:
To Self Subscribe and receive the weekly Solon Salutes in your email, Follow this link: Subscribe to the Solon Salutes weekly email.
- Solon Block (Explanation and Expectations)
- 2017-18 Daily Schedule
- 2017-18 Green/White Calendar
- 2017-18 Student/Family Handbook
- September 14th: VT Works for Women & Registration Deadline
- September 14th: MHS Open House (6:30pm-8:30pm)
- September 17th: Race Against Racism
- September 21st: MHS Club Fair (during Solon Block)
- September 28th: End of Marking Period 1
- October 8th: Kid's Cup Event (11am-4pm)
- Back to School Blackboard (VT Education Facts From Agency of Education)